[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Your home’s roof and its health are key to the overall health of your home. If your roof is damaged or showing signs of age or wear, it may be time to skip repairs and consider a full roof replacement.
5 Signs it’s Time for a Roof Replacement
1. Your roof is more than 20 to 25 years old. Consider the age of your roof. While some issues can be repaired, if your roof is at the end of its lifespan, it can be more cost effective to replace the entire roof and take advantage of the cost savings from new energy efficient materials that are now available.
2. Is your roof shedding? Are you seeing loose granules in your gutters, yard, or on the ground below downspouts? If your composition tiles are losing their granules, then this is an indicator that they are damaged or nearing the end of their life cycle.
3. Are you missing shingles? If your roof has missing shingles, then it is best to replace your roof. Remember, that missing shingles can lead to leaks and a compromised roof. It’s best to deal with your missing shingles right away before they can lead to additional home damage.
4. Can you see light coming in through the roof when you are in the attic? If you are able to see daylight coming in through the boards when you are in your attic, this is a big indicator that your roof is compromised and needs to be replaced.
5. Are other homes in your area replacing their roofs? Most homes in a neighborhood were built at the same time and will need to replace their roofs at around the same time. If your neighbors are getting new roofs, then this is a sign that your roof need replacing.
At Ace Roofing we specialize in Austin roof replacement and can help you make the determination if repairs or a replacement are right for your home.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]